No matter if it’s a traditional or electric model, quick cleaning often begins (and ends with) a broom. The crumbs from a cracker, the hair of a pet, or if a plant has fallen can all shine like spotlights in otherwise clean hardwood floors. The best brooms to use on hardwood floors have soft bristles, which won’t scratch the floor but will grab dust bunnies or their dirty friends with a death-grip. These brooms also keep dust out of the air, so the hardwood’s natural shine is left behind.
How to Choose the best broom for pet hair on hardwood floors
In our research, we found that the design, material, weight and size of the brooms in each category are the factors that determine the best models.
We have included brushes with a range of sizes to clean areas of different sizes. Our top picks all have bristles with flags that are designed to push debris, fine particles of dust, and hair. These picks are made from durable materials such as plastic, rubber, wood, and recycled materials to withstand daily use. They’re also under 2.6 lbs for easier maneuverability and less strain when cleaning.
Some of the brooms have special features such as dustbins with rubber lips and bristles that keep dust and debris in, clips and hooks for storage and even feathered bristles on the bristles.
Our Top Picks
Some of the brooms that make up our top picks come with dustpans or matching ones, while others have microfiber heads or rubber bristles. These brooms are known for their high performance and variety of options. Some brooms are designed for specific purposes, while others can be used as an all-purpose hardwood floor broom.
best broom for pet hair on hardwood floors
Bestseller No. 1
- BAMBOO BROOM: Ideal for indoor use on smooth surfaces to clean dry dirt, pet hair, crumbs, and other daily messes
- BAMBOO BROOM: Synthetic split-tip fibers help move light dirt, pet hair, crumbs, and control dust
- 46-INCH BAMBOO HANDLE: Fastens to the broom head via a strong, easy-thread connection
- EASY STORAGE: Hangs out of the way when not in use via the built-in all-natural rope
Bestseller No. 2
- MULTI-SURFACE USE: Safe to use on all floor types including hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile
- 50% MORE DIRT PICKUP: Microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than traditional mops
- WON'T HARM SURFACES: Non-scratch scrubber for stubborn spots
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE: 22 ounce refillable bottle allows you to mix your own solution
- EASY TO USE: Simply fill the bottle with hot water and two teaspoons of your favorite cleaning solution and you’re ready to mop
SaleBestseller No. 3
- 【Powerful Suction & 3 Suction Modes Vacuum】With an absolute dominant 350W/140AW high-power brushless motor, wireless vacuum cleaner generates a high-speed airflow of up to 26KPA, that's enough to suck up to 6 Ibs item. This INSE S10 carries 3 power modes which is an ideal solution for all your daily cleaning needs, making it easy to pick up vacuum cleaner pet hair, debris from hardwood floors, low/mid pile carpet, rugs, stair, ceilings, sofas, bed, desk, cars, windowsills, curtain, and kitchen
- 【50 Mins Runtime Detachable Battery & 2 Charging Ways】Up to 50 mins runtime on the standard mode of cordless vacuum (15 mins on Deep Mode & 30 mins on Comfortable Mode), INSE S10 vacuum cleaner is perfect for uninterrupted whole-house cleaning- do not have to recharge during the cleaning. The detachable battery design of cordless stick vacuum cleaner allows the flexible choice of charging, can be charged singly or on the vacuums' main body, saving space and time
- 【Enhanced 6-Stage Filtration Technology】A 6-stage filtration system helps you enjoy fresh air during the cleaning operation(friendly to families with pets or the elderly), 80% reduction in suction loss, the whole filtration performance is 2x that of the normal filter. The 12 conical structures' centrifugal force of the high-speed rotation can suck things up apace and is used to further separate the extremely fine dust with an overall filtration rate of up to 99.97%.
- 【Easy to Use & Convenience Memory Function】INSE S10 cordless stick vacuum is the perfect cleaning companion that is equipped with a memory function, every time the electric stick vacuum is turned on, it starts at the speed setting last time automatically, and no need for any setting in advance. Key the trigger to begin quick cleaning or switch to automatic mode for pressing then releasing, suitable for whole house cleaning without holding the trigger
- 【Multifunctional & Lightweight Vacuum】It’s lightweight and portable the main motor is only 3 pounds about 1 bottle of 1000ml water so you can take it anywhere or go & down stairs. With versatile attachments(Freebie LED long crevice), the household vacuum cleaners can easily detach from a handheld vacuum. It can be applied to different scenarios such as furniture, ceiling, stair, or car, which solves the troubles of traditional vacuum cleaners that are inconvenient to clean hard-to-reach corners
SaleBestseller No. 4
- POWERFUL SUCTION: Thorough deep carpet cleaning, and powerful pet hair pickup on all surfaces.
- LIGHTWEIGHT VERSATILITY: Ultra-lightweight and converts into a handheld vacuum for versatile floor-to-ceiling cleaning.
- PERFECT FOR PETS: Includes specialized pet tools that capture embedded pet hair on all surfaces, while extending reach into hard-to-access areas.
- XL DUST CUP CAPACITY: The 0.68-quart dust cup allows for extended cleaning without interruption.
- LED HEADLIGHTS: Powerful lights on the handheld vacuum and nozzle reveal hidden debris and pet hair around your home.
SaleBestseller No. 5
- 🎁【25Kpa Powerful Suction+Deep Cleaning All Floors】:PRETTYCARE cordless vacuum cleaner is equipped with an upgrade 210W brushless motor. The stick vacuum provides super suction power of 25KPa in MAX mode for deep cleaning of pet hair, dust, crumbs and large particles on carpets, hardwood floors, etc. The brush-less motor generates less noise (63db), which results in more energy-saving and longer service life, compared with other regular brushed motors
- 🎁【Long Lasting Runtime+Rechargeable Battery】:Vacuum cleaner cordless built-in 2200 mAh high-capacity battery lasts for 40 Mins in standard mode and 15-20 minutes in max mode. Stick vacuum cleaner comes with a wealth of accessories, including dusting brush and long crevice tool, easily converts into 6 types of cordless stick vacuum, perfect for non-stop whole house cleaning, such as floors, stairs, sofas, windows, etc.
- 🎁【Ultra-Lightweight+LED Power Display】:4lb lightweight vacuum cleaner helps you clean your home easily. Wireless design allows you to get rid of the power cord, making cleaning more convenient. LED power display can help you check the remaining power at a glance. Convenient for you to know the usage and charge in advance.
- 🎁【Maneuverable Head with Headlights+Better Cleaning Results】:The maneuverable 180° side-to-side rotation and 90° up-and-down rotation allow you to easily clean under furniture area, and the LED light helps the vacuum cleaner cordless illuminate every dark corner and track dirt.
- 🎁【High Efficiency Filtration System】:The household vacuum cleaner With a fully sealed cyclone filtration system. Rechargeable vacuum cordless captures 99.99% of fine particles as small as 0.1um. Avoid secondary pollution during cleaning and protect your family's health. Note: Filters and sponges can be washed. Regularly clean the filter/sponge to prevent the vacuum cleaner from weakening and blocking
Bestseller No. 6
- PATENTED QUAD-BLADE TECHNOLOGY: Unique design silicone edge creates static-electricity when used to attract hair and fine dust. Efficiently cleans every nook and cranny of the house.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE: Sweeps up every shard of broken glass, liquid spills, fine dust, coffee granules, sugar, removes pet and human hairs, and easily wipes up gooey messes such as ketchup, broken eggs.
- CLEANS ON MANY SURFACES: Carpets, rugs, smooth floors, tile, hardwood, windows, shower walls. Broombi cleans on wide areas as well as tight corners and hard to reach places such as under beds and sofas.
- WASHABLE, EASY TO MAINTAIN, VERY HYGIENIC: Unlike ordinary brooms, Broombi will never have dirty and unsanitary bristles. Simply rinse the smooth blades after each use to keep Broombi and your house clean and hygienic.
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS: Broombi is very lightweight yet extremely durable, made of a solid construction that will last for years.
Bestseller No. 7
INSE Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 6-in-1 Lightweight Stick Vacuum Up to 45min Runtime, Vacuum Cleaner with 2200mAh Rechargeable Battery, Powerful Cordless Stick Vacuum for Hardwood Floor Pet Hair Home Car
- 【Powerful Suction Power】The upgraded high-speed motor built into the cordless vacuum cleaner can provide powerful suction in MAX mode. The cordless stick vacuum is perfect for hard floors, short-pile carpets, carpets, stairs, cars, windowsills, pets, sofas, drawers, beds, cabinets, desks, bookshelves, kitchens, curtains, etc. It is powerful, convenient, and easy to use!
- 【5-Layer High-Efficiency Filtration System】INSE stick vacuum is equipped with fully sealed high-efficiency cyclone separation technology and a high-density filtration system that captures up to 99.99% of microscopic dust particles as small as 0.1 microns without leakage while expelling purified fresher air for your family. Cordless vacuum cleaners pick up pet hair, fine dust, debris, dirt, cereal, food residue, and large particles and deliver perfect floor-cleaning performance.
- 【45 Minutes Long-lasting Runtime】The stick vacuum cleaner cordless provides a fade-free cleaning performance for up to 45mins, meanwhile providing a 5 times longer service life with over voltage, over current, overheat, and short circuit protection. The detachable battery can be charged singly or on its main body. Battery vacuum with powerful suction, long-lasting runtime engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning!
- 【Flexible LED Motorized Brush Head】The floor vacuum is cordless with LED headlights to illuminate the dust, debris, and hair under furniture or other hard-to-reach dark corner and track it. Maneuverable 180° swivels sideways and 90°up and down to let you clean the dust under furniture and bed(over 2 inches). Relax your wrist and arm with an ergonomic handle. Bring you the best cleaning performance and efficiency!
- 【Multifunction & Lightweight】Cordless stick vacuum cleaner equipped with retractable tube and versatile attachments, allowing you to clean the dust on the curtains or ceiling, and can be switched into a handheld vacuum cordless to pick up debris on the table or in the gap between the car's seats; you can also attach the cleaner head to the main motor to clean the stairs with ease. Weighing only 3.5lb. Meet all your daily cleaning needs!
SaleBestseller No. 8
- 3 in 1 RUBBER BROOM & SQUEEGEE - Made from natural rubber, a durable material which is not easy to get deformed, they are economical and practical, stain and odor resistant. Flexible rubber bristles collect dirt and hair with ease yet the built-in squeegee can be used safely on hardwood floors or windows without the risk of scratching. Works great on carpet, rug, tile, hardwood, marble, window.
- VERSATILE & EASY TO MAINTAIN - It is tough enough to handle any scrubbing jobs, yet gentle enough to be used on shower glass doors and windows without damages. Rinse the brush head and clean with soap if needed and air dry after use. Keep it in cool place can extend their lifespan. Microfiber cloth captures dust and dirt easily, it's reusable and machine washable. Clip one side of the microfiber cloth on the black fixator and lay it under the rubber head for dusting.
- PET HAIR REMOVER - Capture dog and cat hair on the carpet like a magnet, and clean the hair in the rugs which vacuums couldn't clean throughly. This multi-purpose rubber broom & squeegee is not only your household cleaning assistant, but also a great gift for your friend who owns adorable pets.
- ADJUSTABLE EXTRA LONG 62" HANDLE - Comes with 4-section sturdy steel handle with a powder-coated finish, you can adjust the pole length and lock to any available position, which offers a comfortable pickup and hold for different person, makes your cleaning job without having to bend down.
- MR.SIGA's mission: Make your housework easier, and make the world cleaner. If you’re not happy about the product, you’re covered by a full refund. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have, we are here for support and advice!
Bestseller No. 9
- 【Powerful Suction & Deep Cleaning】The cordless vacuum cleaner is powered by a 350W super-strong brushless motor and generates up to 26KPa powerful suction while keeping a relatively quiet environment. Stick vacuum cleaner cordless with 2 mode design can perform decently on all kinds of hard floors, such as tile, marble, and wood floor; at high speed, it is suitable for cleaning short piles of carpet, pet hair, and larger particles like cereal, cat litter, dust, etc.
- 【8-in-1 Versatile & Multi-purpose】Cordless vacuum is perfect for multi-task cleaning with a retractable tube, a flexible hose, and 3 useful attachments - main floor brush head, 2-in-1 brush, and crevice tool. Using the extended tube and main brush, the cordless stick vacuum can work well and move freely from hard floors to low-pile carpets. When converted to a cordless handheld vacuum with the 2-in-1 brush or crevice tool, it is suitable for cleaning places like stairs, shelve, sofas, and cars.
- 【5-Stage High-efficiency Filtration System】With a 5-stage high-efficiency filtering system, the lightweight vacuum cleaner captures and traps 99.99% of dust as small as 0.1 microns, keeping your home clean and healthy. A washable strainer and reusable HEPA of pet vacuum can filter dust and dirt efficiently, protecting the motor and ensuring the vacuum works properly. The high-density HEPA filter filtration performance is 200% more efficient than cotton filters and can last for a longer period of time. (An extra HEPA is included.)
- 【45mins Long-lasting Runtime】This rechargeable vacuum cleaner cordless is equipped with an advanced 8-cell lithium battery with a 2200m-A-h large capacity, which supports 45 min max runtime on Standard mode and 20 min max on High speed. It takes only about 4.5 hours for a full charge, the detachable feature provides 2 charging options - it can be charged when in the vacuum or separately. You can prepare a spare pack if needed, very convenient and time-saving.
- 【Flexible LED Motorized Floor Head】Battery stick vacuum cordless feature LED motorized floor heads with beater rollers. There are both soft and stiff bristles on the roller, which can spin quickly to sweep up dirt from a variety of floors without scratching them. LED lights at the front help track dirt in dark and difficult-to-reach places. Cleaning underneath furniture like beds, tables, etc. Becomes much easier when the floor vacuum head can be rotated 90° vertically and 150° horizontally. Due to the smooth rubber wheels on the bottom of a stick vacuum cleaner, the motorized brush head moves freely over hardwood floors, tile, marble floors, and low-pile carpets without leaving any marks.
SaleBestseller No. 10
- MEMORY FOAM: Slip your feet into the plush comfort of these Jessica Simpson marshmallow clogs that are made with a thick, high-density memory foam cushion that adds support and molds to the shape of your feet for long lasting comfort
- ANTI SLIP SOLE: The textured bottom of this open back clog grips to the floor, helping prevent you from slipping or sliding on slick surfaces
- EASY SLIP-ON STYLE: Step into comfort quickly and easily with these open back and closed toe clog slippers that are as soft and fluffy as they are stylish, They're the perfect everyday slipper for women and girls
- CARE: Hand wash with cold water as needed, Air dry and dry flat
- SIMPLE SIZING: Available in size Small (US 6-7), Medium (US 7-8), Large (US 8-9), and X-Large (US 9-10). Slippers run small- we recommend selecting a size up
What to consider when choosing the best broom for hardwood floors
There are many different options for brooms. While they all help to clean, the differences between them can be significant. Certain bristle materials are better suited to hardwood surfaces than others. Specific design elements also affect the performance of a broom for certain tasks. Here are the top features to look for when choosing a broom.
Brooms are available in a variety of stiffness levels, and some even have a mixture of bristle types. The stiffer bristles can be better for removing larger debris but could leave scratches on hardwood floors. Softer bristles remove fine dust better.There are also different types of broom bristles, such as flagged or unflagged, cloth/mop or rubber.
The bristles are splintered at the ends to increase the surface area of the broom, which allows it to trap and collect fine particles and dust. Flagged bristles are often found on the best brooms to sweep hardwood floors because they can hold the fine dust.
Bristles with straight ends are designed to remove heavy, moist debris. This type of bristle is used on outdoor brooms, brooms for the bathroom or kitchen and some outdoor brooms. These bristles are too stiff to be used with hardwood and can cause scratches. Some are made from soft materials.
Cloth or mop brushes with microfiber bristles collect more dirt and dust than they sweep or push. These mop brushes are great for removing fine dust from hardwood floors. Some models can be used wet or dried and some have heads designed for wet or drying mopping.
Rubber bristles that are thicker look more like rubber fingers. These bristles are designed to attract, push and pull pet fur from hardwoods and carpet. To remove any remaining pet hair, the broom head should be cleaned with soap and warm water. Rubber bristles will not remove dust or debris from hardwood flooring. They are used to remove pet hair.
Angle of bristles is also important. Angled bristles are better at reaching corners and under cabinets than straight bristles. Bristles are available in straight and angled cuts for both flagged and unflagged versions.
The bristle and handle materials of a broom affect its weight, how well it sweeps debris, and what surfaces are best for the broom. These materials are divided into two categories: natural and synthetic. However, they come in a wide variety of styles.
Natural bristles are preferred by some people because they prefer to avoid synthetic fibers in their home. Natural bristles can range from soft straw to stiff horsehair. You can also choose from broomcorns, Tampicos, yuccas, or palmyra. Most brooms are made with a mixture of natural bristles. Yucca and broomcorn are used together to remove both large debris and fine dust.
Synthetic bristles are available in a variety of materials, from PVC to PET (a recycled material) and microfiber. Synthetic bristles are available in soft versions like microfiber, flagged versions and various plastics, as well as stiffer and thicker plastic flagged bristles.
The three most popular materials for broom handles are wood, metal and plastic. Metal and plastic are more resistant to heat and moisture than wood. This makes them the best choice for brooms that may be exposed in extreme temperatures or humidity. All of these materials come in lightweight versions, but the best lightweight handles allow the user to apply pressure without the handle flexing.
The design, thickness and length of broom handles can vary. Handles that are long enough to allow the user stand up can prevent back pain, and give the user better leverage when sweeping.
The adjustable handle is ideal for multi-user households, as each person can adjust it to their own height. Some models come with one or two extensions, while others feature a telescoping hand for adjustable lengths.
Some adjustable brooms have weak joints that could bend or flex. This would reduce the amount of power you can apply to the broom. To prevent the adjustable handle from breaking or bending, look for joint locking mechanisms and thick joints.
Brooms that are lightweight prevent fatigue when cleaning large rooms. Plastic and synthetic bristles are lighter, keeping the weight of the broom at around one pound. Aluminium handles are also used on lightweight brooms.
The wood brooms are the heaviest, weighing between 2 and 2.5 pounds. Wood brooms work best with natural-hair brooms. The added weight is worth it for the improved performance. These small weight differences may not seem significant, but when you’re sweeping a whole house they can make a big difference.
The weight distribution can also affect the performance of a broom. Push brooms, for example, with larger heads and wood handles, can be heavier at the bottom, bringing the center of gravity nearer to the ground. This makes it easier to push the broom.
A standard broom’s sweeping motion makes it easier to control a higher center-of-gravity. Brooms with lighter synthetic bristles have a lower center of gravity, which makes sweeping much easier.
Storage space is another important factor that can influence the choice of broom. Most brooms are not large if a home’s pantry or closet has plenty of vertical storage space.
For smaller homes or tighter storage spaces, features such as hanging hooks, brackets and braces, or loops that attach the broom on a wall, make it much easier to store. Some models come with removable brooms that can be attached to the handle. This allows for a slimmer design.
The broom head is stored inside the dustpan on many brooms with a dustpan. Dustpans can be attached to brooms with hooks and snaps.
Brooms with dustpans offer distinct benefits. The dustpan is usually attached to the broom, so the user doesn’t have to play hide-and seek to find it when it’s time for sweeping. Dustpans that are included with a broom fit better on the head of the broom than if they were purchased separately. Dustpans with the same width and depth as brooms perform better. The broom can be purchased with the dustpan to save money on a separate purchase.
Dustpans are also a great way to add value in the cleaning process. Some models feature “teeth,” which clean the bristles of the broom, or a rubber edge that encourages debris to fall into the dustpan (rather than underneath). Dustpans that have long handles or mechanisms to lock them open allow the user to remove the dust without having to crouch on the floor.
New innovations in cleaning tools can lead to new questions, and possibly new methods of keeping hardwood floors clean. Here are some answers to the most common questions regarding using brooms for hardwood cleaning.
How do you best sweep hardwood floors
Sweeping hardwood floors should be done by starting at the perimeter of the room and working your way inwards. Sweep hardwood floors as often as needed. Home with pets will need to be swept oftener than homes without fur. For homes with less traffic, once or two times a week is sufficient.
Can I use a broom to clean hardwood floors?
Brooms do work on hardwood floors. Select the broom with care, looking for bristles with soft flags that will trap dirt and hair so it won’t settle on the floor.
How often should I change my brooms?
The time it takes to replace a broom depends on the frequency and type of use. Brooms that are used on hard surfaces wear out faster than those used inside on smooth floors. Brooms will also wear out faster if you sweep every day. You may have to replace your broom once a month, every year or every few years depending on how much you use it.
Rubber brooms for wood floors?
You’ll need a broom that has extremely soft and fine bristles to clean your floors and remove dirt. You can choose from brooms made of rubber or horse hair, but there are also options with other materials.
Bristles: There are many different types of bristles, but many find silicone or rubber bristles the most effective for removing dog hair. Rubber bristles typically don't scratch surfaces either, which is another perk.What is the best thing for pet hair on hardwood floors? ›
Hardwood floors: Vacuuming won't do much for a per hair problem on hardwood floors, blowing the fur around rather than picking it up. Instead, try an electrostatic or microfiber dry mop, which will trap particles.What type of broom is best for hardwood floors? ›
Push brooms are great for heavy-duty cleaning, while electric brooms are ideal for small piles of dust. Soft-bristled brooms, on the other hand, are good for scratch-prone surfaces like tile and hardwood floors.What is the best brush to remove dog hair? ›
- Oster ShedMonster Deshedding Dog Brush. ...
- SleekEZ Deshedding Dog Grooming Tool. ...
- Furminator Grooming Rake for Shedding.
- Le Salon Essentials Rubber Dog Brush for Shedding.
- Delomo Dog Grooming Glove.
- Pet Neat Grooming Brush. ...
- Paws & Pals Best in Show Deshedding Tool.
- Safari Wire Pin Dog Brush for Shedding.
- Brush, Brush, Brush. ...
- Clean Your Pet After Going on Walks. ...
- Use Quality Floor-Cleaning Supplies. ...
- Clean Up Accidents Quickly. ...
- Create a Den for Your Dog. ...
- Maintain Your Pet's Food and Water Area. ...
- Schedule Household Cleaning Services from Molly Maid.
Tineco Pure One S15 Pro Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
During testing, we found that the Tineco Pure One S15 Pro was the best vacuum for removing pet hair from hard floors, thanks to its strong suction that picked up lightweight fur and heavy debris alike.
Fabrics on which hair does not stick are fabrics such as chiffon, silk and satin, microfiber, suede, leather, linen, and denim, as well as tightly woven fabrics. To repel hair, smooth and slippery materials are best, and also watch out that they do not produce static electricity, so be careful with synthetic fabrics.Is it OK to sweep hardwood floors with a broom? ›
Is it OK to use a broom on hardwood floors? Yes, brooms work well on hardwood floors. Choose the broom carefully, looking for soft flagged bristles that trap hair, dirt, and dust so that it doesn't resettle on the floor.Is a soft or hard broom better? ›
Generally, softer bristles are better at picking up small particles and stiffer bristles can clean up larger debris. Soft bristles are longer and thinner than other types, which make them fit for picking up small particles like flour, sugar, and dust.Is it OK to use Swiffer WetJet on hardwood floors? ›
Q4: Is the Swiffer WetJet ok for a hardwood floor? Ans: For households with a variety of floor surfaces, the Swiffer WetJet is perfect. Almost any type of floor can be cleaned with this solution, including hardwood.
- Groom Your Dog Regularly. ...
- Vacuum Daily. ...
- Clean Bedding. ...
- Sweep or Mop Floors. ...
- Don't Forget to Dust. ...
- Keep Pet Hair Removal Tools Handy. ...
- Give Your Dog Designated Sleeping Areas. ...
- Put Clean Clothing Away.
3. Use dryer sheets. Whether you are following the dry, wash and dry method or doing a normal load of laundry, dryer sheets can help reduce static on your clothing. This static reduction helps prevent pet hair from sticking to clothes and instead allows your dryer's lint trap to capture loose hair.How do I keep my hardwood floors clean with my pet? ›
Regularly wipe down the hardwood floors with a damp mop and some vinegar to maintain them and prevent any damage from occurring due to the impact of pets walking around on them. If you want excellent, clean surfaces in your home, then this is one of the best ways that there is!How often should you mop your floors with a dog? ›
How often should you mop if you have a dog? The frequency of mopping when you own a dog is also individual. Generally, you should mop 2-3 times a week to ensure maximum cleanliness of your floors, or whenever your furry friend brings in a little more dirt or mud.How do you keep your house clean with pet hair? ›
- Bathe your dog regularly. ...
- Brush often if your dog sheds. ...
- Change food and water often. ...
- Decorate with washable rugs. ...
- Get a robot vacuum cleaner. ...
- Hire a house-cleaning service for deep cleans. ...
- Keep your dog's bed and living space clean.
Soft microfiber mops work best on hardwood floors. You can spray a sanitizing cleaning solution or hardwood-friendly cleaner on before dusting for a deeper clean, but a mop with a gentle microfiber pad is the best option for engineered wood or hardwood floors.What products should not be used on hardwood floors? ›
Don't use straight ammonia, alkaline products or abrasive cleaners. They'll dull or scratch the finish. Don't rely on lemon juice or a vinegar-and-water solution to clean hardwood floors. "I don't recommend using vinegar or lemon juice, at least not in large quantities, as these can damage the floor's seal," said Wise.Does the Bissell pet hair Eraser work on hardwood? ›
It maneuvers very easily around all my furniture which makes vacuuming easy. It is very light which is great to carry up and down the stairs. Love the multiple suctions for high and low carpet and wood floors.Does a Swiffer actually pick up pet hair? ›
It's true, excess pet hair can be annoying. But Swiffer Sweeper traps and locks pet hair. That's a lot less time spent worrying about pet hair, and lot more time left for belly rubs.What works best to remove pet hair? ›
- Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter – Best all-arounder.
- OXO FurLifter – Best for furniture.
- ChomChom Roller – Best for clothing.
- Smart Sheep Dryer Balls – Best for laundry.
- Bissel Pet Hair Broom – Best for floors.
- Sweepa Rubber Brush – Best for cars.
Swiffer Pet Heavy Duty Dusters trap and lock pet hair and up to 3x more* dust & allergens. ** With 360 degrees of specially coated fibers, they grab onto hair and dust . Easily clean blinds, light fixtures, around knickknacks and even in the car.What is the best bedding material to repel dog hair? ›
What is the best material for sheets? As we discussed above, silk and linen are great repellent sheets. A higher thread-count cotton and a smooth weave sateen are also great dog proof options. If you're looking to splurge, Egyptian cotton sheets and pima sheets are great options.What catches dog hair in the dryer? ›
Throw in one or two dryer sheets—one of our favorite cleaning secret weapons. The anti-static properties of the dryer sheets will help repel the hair and catch it in your dryer's lint trap. Set the dryer for about 10 minutes on low heat or no heat.Do microfiber sheets repel dog hair? ›
Cost-effective and durable, microfiber features a tightly woven finish and easily repels dog hair. Microfiber thickness is gauged by denier, which notes the thickness of the individual fibers used to construct the fabric.
Using a vacuum to remove dirt, debris, and microscopic dust from your floors is going to make your home cleaning endeavors more efficient and effective. Floors are typically one of the last tasks done when cleaning, to allow dirt and debris to fall to the floor. Brooms tend to push dirt back and forth and kick up dust.Why is it best to avoid using a broom to sweep the floor? ›
For the most part, this may well be harmless, but the risk that some of those particles could contain pathogens or harmful substances such as listeria, asbestos, silica or wood is not something you want to take a chance on.How do I sweep hair off of a hardwood floor? ›
Use Vacuum Rather Than Broom
Instead of sweeping with a flicking motion that can spread pet hair, opt to vacuum your floor with a hardwood floor attachment or hard flooring setting. This will eliminate most hair, and you can buy a simple, lightweight vacuum for this daily cleaning instead of a heavy-duty machine.
When To Clean And Replace. Deep clean your broom every one or two months and replace it when the bristles start to wear out.How often should you broom the floor? ›
Even if you live by yourself or don't experience frequent activity in your home, your floors still need attention if you want it to remain spotless. In this case, we recommend giving your floors sweep and mop sessions once a week. Dust and dirt can accumulate over time if no one is going in and out of different rooms.Can you use Murphy's Oil Soap on hardwood floors? ›
Whether you're cleaning one area or all of your flooring, Murphy® Oil Soap is safe to use on hardwood floors.
Basic Care. Sweep often — at least once a week. By sticking to this routine, you can clean your floors before dirt has time to collect on the surface. Unlike carpeting that collects allergens* and keeps them around, hardwood floors can be easily wiped clean of dust and allergens*.Is Bona good for hardwood floors? ›
Bona is safe for all unwaxed, unoiled, polyurethane-finished wood floors. It's a water-based, pet-safe, pH-neutral formula. It doesn't leave a residue and dries in about a minute and a half.How do I keep my house dust and pet hair free? ›
- Provide your pets a good diet. ...
- Play with your pets outdoors. ...
- Get a good pet brush or comb. ...
- Wash your pet. ...
- Get an air purifier. ...
- Use a moist rag to dust. ...
- Shake couch cushions and pet beds outdoors. ...
- Change bed sheets weekly.
If you catch your dog in the act of eliminating in the house, do something to interrupt him like making a startling noise (don't scare him). Immediately take him to his bathroom spot, praise him, and give him a treat if he finishes eliminating there. Don't punish your dog for eliminating in the house.Do air purifiers remove pet hair? ›
An air purifier can help to remove pet hair and pet dander from the air. Depending on the severity of the person's allergies, an air purifier can sometimes be enough to let them be in the same room with the family pet. It may even be enough for them to be able to stay in the house for a weekend.What breaks down pet hair in the washing machine? ›
Add a half-cup of white vinegar to the machine's rinse cycle. Vinegar is a natural fabric softener that helps loosen pet hair. Clean your washer by running a wash cycle without laundry. After the cycle ends, wipe down your machine's drum with a wet cloth.What can I use instead of dryer sheets for dog hair? ›
SnugPad Wool Dryer Balls
They're a great alternative to dryer sheets – especially if anyone in your home is sensitive to strong smells. It's best to layer the wool balls within your laundry rather than throwing them into the dryer right before or directly after loading all of your clothes into the machine.
FurZapper 2-Pack- Pet Hair Remover for Laundry
Rather than attempting to remove every last hair with a lint roller, opt for the FurZapper. This sticky silicone tool can be thrown into your laundry machine, where it will pull pet hair from your clothing as your clothes tumble around.
Regularly brushing and shampooing your dog can help reduce shedding, remove dead hair, and keep your dog's hair more manageable. Clark says her grooming facility largely disposes of dog hair in the regular trash—much of the hair her groomers deal with is best suited for the dump.Will a rug doctor remove pet hair? ›
Many pet lovers opt for hard floors because of the easy cleanup of messes and pet hair. Rug Doctor has made the ease of cleaning pet messes on hard floors even more convenient with our hard surface deep cleaners and solutions.
Hardwood floors: Vacuuming won't do much for a per hair problem on hardwood floors, blowing the fur around rather than picking it up. Instead, try an electrostatic or microfiber dry mop, which will trap particles.What is safe to mop floors with pets? ›
- Puracy Disinfectant Spray at Amazon. Jump to Review.
- Pet-Safe Floor Cleaner: Aunt Fannie Vinegar Wash Floor Cleaner at Amazon. ...
- Pet-Safe Carpet Cleaner: Nature's Miracle Carpet Shampoo at Amazon. ...
- Pet-Safe Hardwood Floor Cleaner: ...
- Pet-Safe Cage Cleaner: ...
- Pet-Safe Multi-Purpose Cleaner:
If you're cleaning floors or other areas pets use, keep them out of the room while you're mopping floors or wiping down surfaces. If using chemicals, rinse the area with clean water afterwards. Don't let them back into the room until everything is dry.Should I mop up dog pee? ›
It's extremely important to mop up pet urine ASAP before it has a chance to get down into underlayment.How often should you vacuum when you have a dog? ›
Pet owners should clean carpets by vacuuming one to two times a week to keep up on loose pet hair, dander, and tracked dirt. Pet owners seeking a deeper carpet clean should shampoo carpet three to four times per year.What is the best way to mop up dog hair? ›
Throw on some damp rubber kitchen gloves, or use a moist sponge, to help coax dog hair off of fabric surfaces. The moisture will cause the hair to clump together, making it easier to remove—either by hand or with a vacuum. Just be sure not to drown your couch, and let it air dry before sitting again.How do you make your house smell nice when you have a dog? ›
- Keep the surfaces of your house clean.
- Choose food that supports their digestive health.
- Find a heavy-duty pet odor eliminator.
- Give them regular baths.
- Invest in an air purifier.
Add a half-cup of white vinegar to the machine's rinse cycle. Vinegar is a natural fabric softener that helps loosen pet hair. Clean your washer by running a wash cycle without laundry. After the cycle ends, wipe down your machine's drum with a wet cloth.Does vinegar remove pet hair? ›
Another way to address pet hair in the laundry is to use a laundry booster, such as white vinegar, that loosens fur. “Adding some white vinegar to the rinse cycle of the washer machine softens the water and helps to loosen fur from fabrics,” Bendersky says.How do I keep my dogs hair from sticking to the broom? ›
Simply pull out a strip of tape the length of the bottom of your broom. Stick one half along the bottom of the bristles, with the bottom half of the tape forming a sticky barrier underneath. When you sweep, the broom will catch most of the dog hair – but anything that slips past will stick to the tape.
Static electric charges are what cause all that dog hair to stick to your fabric surfaces in the first place. Lightly mist your couches (or any other upholstered surface where your dog likes to hang out) to stop the hair before it sticks, or use it to help unstick hair that's already present.
It's ideal for use inside and is designed for floor sweeping. The electrostatic properties attract and remove sand, dirt, ad pet hair. The rubber bristles also allow you to remove built up grime, mould, or algae from surfaces like tiles and glass. It features a long handle to reduce back strain and deliver comfort.How do I brush my dog without getting hair everywhere? ›
Look for a pet hair removal broom that features soft, scratch-proof rubber bristles. They not only sweep up hair from hard floors but are designed to be combed over carpet, bedding, and even clothing to latch onto dog hair.Do rubber brooms really work? ›
The rubber broom is very effective indoors and has many uses. The bristles are capable at scrubbing grout lines on tile floors and walls. You can even use it for thorough cleaning into the fibers of carpets.How can I keep my house hair free? ›
Daily dusting keeps them to a tolerable minimum. Brush carpets before vacuuming: Start by giving the carpet a light misting (water with a few drops of fabric softener ups the static to attract hair), then use a stiff bristled brush or broom to gather up the loose hair. Finish with a quick vacuum.Does Swiffer work on dog hair? ›
It's true, excess pet hair can be annoying. But Swiffer Sweeper traps and locks pet hair. That's a lot less time spent worrying about pet hair, and lot more time left for belly rubs.What can I put in the dryer to remove pet hair? ›
Throw in one or two dryer sheets—one of our favorite cleaning secret weapons. The anti-static properties of the dryer sheets will help repel the hair and catch it in your dryer's lint trap. Set the dryer for about 10 minutes on low heat or no heat.Do air purifiers get rid of dog hair? ›
An air purifier can help to remove pet hair and pet dander from the air. Depending on the severity of the person's allergies, an air purifier can sometimes be enough to let them be in the same room with the family pet. It may even be enough for them to be able to stay in the house for a weekend.How can I reduce pet hair and dust at home? ›
- Provide your pets a good diet. ...
- Play with your pets outdoors. ...
- Get a good pet brush or comb. ...
- Wash your pet. ...
- Get an air purifier. ...
- Use a moist rag to dust. ...
- Shake couch cushions and pet beds outdoors. ...
- Change bed sheets weekly.
The rubber broom is great for almost any floor and will remove dirt better than any other broom. The issue with rubber brooms is that they do not work well when it comes to dust collection. If there are areas where plenty of dirt is accumulated, such as a mudroom, then the rubber broom may be the ideal broom for you.
Pet Hair Broom
The ultimate broom to sweep up Pet Hair on every floor type in the home. This broom works on carpet, to hard flooring and can be even used wet to scrub and wipe away wet messes.
The worst time to brush your dog's coat is right after a bath while their hair is wet. Because brushing your dog when his hair is wet can be quite painful, while also creating more tangles and knots. That's why you should always brush dogs before you bathe them and then just let it all dry naturally afterward.Should I brush with or against my dogs fur? ›
Remember, brushing should be something your pet enjoys, so be gentle. Always brush down and out, away from the dog's skin and in the direction the coat grows. For unruly tangles, apply a coat conditioner and leave it on for several minutes. Then use a wide-toothed comb to get through the tangle.What can pick up dog hair? ›
- ChomChom Roller Pet Hair Remover (Verified Review) ...
- Lint and Pet Hair Pick It Up Mitt. ...
- Fur-Zoff Dog Hair Removal Tool. ...
- Dyson Ball Animal 2 Total Clean Upright Vacuum Cleaner. ...
- Kong Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush.